ABOUT SIMON SCHOOL:
Simon offers a rigorously quantitative, economics-based approach to decision-making in one of the most diverse student communities of any business school in America. We firmly believe that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning environment benefits all members of our community, and we are committed to working toward lasting, systemic change in our efforts to educate the next generation of business leaders. In 2022, US News & World Report recognized Simon’s Full- Time MBA as the #2 most diverse Top 50 program, a nod to our commitment to building a welcoming community.
Simon’s degree programs inspire a new level of clarity: about how analytical frameworks drive success in business; about what it takes to collaborate and manage in the contemporary, global workplace; and about professional growth and goals. Simon’s MBA programs (Full-Time, Part-Time, and Executive) and four Full-Time MS programs (Accountancy, Business Analytics, Finance, and Marketing Analytics) are STEM designated, which signals program quality and rigor to employers. Additionally, STEM designation allows international students the opportunity to work in the US for up to 36 months after graduation if hired in a STEM-eligible role. Simon's Full-Time MBA is ranked No. 25 in the US by Bloomberg Businessweek (2023); No. 16 in the US by The Economist (2021); and No. 5 in the world for finance, No. 4 in the world for economics, No. 13 in the US among the top MBAs for women, and No. 9 in the US for entrepreneurship by Financial Times (2019, 2018). Our faculty teach and our staff support across all programs, so Full-Time MBA rankings are a strong signal of the value students can expect at Simon—no matter which degree they pursue. In addition, Financial Times ranked Simon No. 3 in the US for pre-experience MS in Finance programs (2023).
The Simon Business School Dean’s Office Department Coordinator provides administrative and operational support to the Dean’s Office. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Dean’s Office. Independently manages projects of far-reaching importance, from conception to completion. Steers a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and professionalism, often under pressure. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in an executive-level setting requiring initiative, strong organizational skills, flexibility and the prioritization of multiple demands. Coordinates Dean’s schedule and provides support for general office functions and services. Position works closely with and reports to the Deputy to the Dean.
Administrative Support (40%)
Provides high level confidential support to the Dean working independently to perform the essential duties of the position and maintains liaison between the Dean's Office and other offices within the School and University.
- Creates relationships with internal and external constituents providing a bridge for smooth communication.
- Exercises independent judgement based on an understanding of policies, and strategic priorities and goals for school-wide purchases of equipment and resources.
- Works closely and effectively with the Dean to keep him/her informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and to follow-up appropriately.
- Ensures Dean is equipped with briefings and talking points for all School events and related activities.
- Optimizing a dynamic, demanding, and complex executive calendar through sound judgement based on the full range of commitments, obligations and initiatives, while being keen to avoid over commitment; including scheduling appointments with faculty, staff, students, donors and other stakeholders. Troubleshoot and resolve scheduling conflicts and communicate final schedule to the Dean.
- Directs the administrative activities for the Dean including arranging, coordinating and reimbursement of domestic and international travel
Office Management (40%)
Directs and coordinates administrative tasks for the Dean’s Office including:
- Manages, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Dean’s Office, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Identifies issues requiring the Dean’s direct attention and re-direct others that can be addressed or facilitated by others on the Dean’s behalf. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Coordinates Simon Business School Senior Leadership Team meetings as well as supports the Employee Engagement Committee.
- Primary point person for the administrative arrangements for on campus meetings or special events hosted by the Dean’s Office.
Project Management Based Activities (10%)
- At the request of the Dean and/or Deputy to the Dean, works independently to research, request, and collect data for benchmarking and analysis.
Additional duties as requested by the Dean and/or Deputy to the Dean (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of related work experience including at least 1 year in an administrative capacity in an academic office or project management, or the equivalent experience in business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility and composure.
- Ability to discreetly handle highly confidential information with sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Global travel logistics experience.
- Proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Flexible to changing priorities and able to adjust to them quickly.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work Environment: Normal office environment with occasional domestic or business travel as required to support meetings.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Pay Range: $20.00 - $38.46 Hourly
The referenced pay range represents the minimum and maximum compensation for this job. Individual annual salaries/hourly rates will be set within the job’s compensation range, and will be determined by considering factors including, but not limited to, market data, education, experience, qualifications, expertise of the individual, and internal equity considerations.
Required degree level
- Bachelor Degree
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 Years